Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cloth Diaper Review- BumGenius 4.0
So I recently purchased a new Bum Genius 4.0 from RG Natural Babies. I can admit that I am not a HUGE fan of one-one size diapers because on my kids, they never seem to fit true to size. When my daughter was a newborn, she wasn't able to wear many diapers that were "one-size" until she got a little meat on her thighs. The diapers just looked plain ridiculous on her! If it was a one size fitted, forget it. There was no way that she could even put her poor little bird legs down with that huge bulk between them! lol
Anyways, I have many of the Bum Genius All-In-Ones, but only had 1 of the Bum Genius 3.0 one size. Curiosity got the best of me when it came to getting the new version, the 4.0. I mean, how much can you really change a diaper? Well, with the new 4.0, you can now get a snap closure for those of you who are not fond of applix. Since my daughter is 1, I prefer the applix because trying to change her diaper is like roping a baby calf! Most of the time her bum is up in the air and she is half twisted, trying to get off the couch. Oh come on, you know you can relate!! Besides being perfect for quick changes, if I want my husband to participate in diapering, snaps confuse him!
Another new feature of the 4.0 diaper is that the velcro is supposedly better. I will see. I know that the velcro that I have on my all-in-ones gets terrible after awhile!
The front panel that sits against baby's belly is also wider, to accomodate bigger babies. This I love! I did notice that feature and that is a plus in my book. My daughter is slightly over 20 lbs at 1 year old, so if this can make it stretch to potty learning, that would be fabulous! That was another downfall of the sizing on one-size diapers. They never seemed wide enough.
There are also new colors: Bubble(light lavendar), Noodle(very light cream) and Sweet(a pale blue). The names are a little "different" and when you see the diapers in person compared to the swatch on the website for the diapers, in my opinion, they don't match. I bought "bubble" and it is the prettiest shade of light purple/lavendar!! I really am in love with the color, though I think I am biased because that is my fave color anyways! "Noodle" is a reaally light cream color. You can definately notice that it is not white. It's more of an ivory maybe. I honestly don't remember what "sweet" looked like. Maybe that's because its a shade of blue and being that I have a girl, I didn't think to look at the blue.
All in all, so far, the diaper is living up to my standards. I only use the 1 insert in it (the snap down one) during the day and its super trim. I do wear a lot of dresses on her though, mainly because it just makes for easy diapering. We are also wearing it on the 2nd rise setting. If you haven't had a chance to check out the diaper yet, please do! I don't think you will be disappointed.
*This review is based on personal opinion, and I was NOT compensated or asked to review this diaper by Bum Genius or Cotton Babies*

No comments: